CHARLOTTE — Advance tickets are on sale for the 59th Annual Mint Museum Garden Tour, to be held in Charlotte on April 21 and 22.
The Charlotte Garden Club is organizing a weekend featuring gardens, art and festivities.
Inspired by spring gardens, artists will set up their easels and paint “en plein air,” capturing on canvas the serene beauty of the Southern garden.
Following the two days of relaxed garden strolling, join the celebratory Party and Plein Air Art Display on Sunday afternoon at the Mint Museum Randolph (casual attire). Your ticket includes the garden tour and the event on Sunday afternoon.
The seven beautiful gardens participating this year include:
• Ralph and Susan Brackett, 4620 Carmel Club Drive 28226;
• Nancy Lopez-Ibanez, 4627 Carmel Club Drive 28226;
• Trey and Sarah Pearce, 1900 Cortelyou Road 28211;
• Robert and Shelly Gray, 901 Colville Road 28207;
• Tom and Jeanie Cottingham, 836 Colville Road 28207;
• Gary and Teresa Wolfe, 2501 Sherwood Avenue 28207; and
• Peter and Nancy Covington, 3816 Bonwood Drive 28211.
Tickets are $15 in advance for Mint & Charlotte Garden Club members and $20 in advance for non-members.
Tour hours are Saturday 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., Sunday 1- 4 p.m.
The Party and Plein Air Art Display will be held, Sunday 4:30-6:30 p.m.
The Charlotte Garden Club was organized in 1924 as North Carolina's first garden club.
For more information on the tour, go to http://www.charlottegardenclub.org/2012_Tour_Descriptions.pdf